Monday, September 6, 2010

Fruit Tarts

I have been experimenting with desserts since I am making a dessert table for my sons first birthday... My Hubby loves those fruit tarts so I decided to look up a recipe. They were super easy to make and turn out so cute! So many different fruit you can top it with, to match any color theme. I took the ready to use pie crust and a cupcake pan. Cooked until golden, which was only 12-15 min
Then I made the custard; mix egg yolks, milk and honey in the top of a double boiler until its thick then add egg white and salt. Cool then put in tart shell.











Then I added the desired fruit on top. I used blackberries only but you can put so many different fruits on top to make it colorful. Kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, peaches, cherries, etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment